RIAHPERD is a professional association of educators that advocate quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport.
- To provide sound and appropriate programs in health, physical education, recreation, and dance, based upon the needs, interests, and inherent capacities of the individual for his/her optimum development.
- To provide leadership essential to the continued development and improvement of sound and adequate programs in the four related fields.
- To encourage strong community relationships.
- To advocate an intelligent and comprehensive interest in health, physical education, recreation, and dance.
- To assist in research and disseminate accurate information.
- To coordinate and encourage activities within the state of Rhode Island.
- To partner with other state, district and national associations to improve the profession.
- To meet the objectives of the association by encouraging continual reassessment of teacher preparation and providing opportunities for professional growth.
RIAHPERD offers a variety of memberships just for you. Professional memberships, life memberships, student memberships, retired memberships, and honorary memberships are all available. Only professional members, life members, student members, retired members shall have the right to hold office or vote on the business affairs of the Association.
- Professional members are those who are professionally engaged in one or more of the various aspects of health education, physical education, recreation, and dance.
- Life membership is available to individuals who chose to pay an up front fee rather than the annual dues.
- Student members include an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time at accredited institutions of higher learning.
- Honorary members are professionals outside of the professions of health, physical education, recreation, and dance, awarded membership upon the basis of outstanding service in those or closely related fields.
MONTLY RAFFLE- March
Invite a legislator to your class (send us a picture with the name of the legislator, date of the event and name of the school)